YOUNG ESPID Newsletter 2021
Dear Young ESPID members,
We hope you are all doing well through the pandemic and would like to take this opportunity to update you on the progress of various activities relevant to Young ESPID.
- Meet The Expert (MTP) YE coordinators
We need 13 YE members to chair the Meet The Expert interactive sessions during the forthcoming ESPID Annual Meeting 2021. You would work with the topic experts to arrange the session, coordinate and select the cases that will be presented. The experts involved will be announced soon.
In summary, this could be a great learning experience, good for your network and cv and as a bonus you’ll also get free registration to the conference.
If you are interested in becoming a MTE coordinator for any of the sessions listed below, please send an email to email@example.com with a list of 3 topics in order of preference, your CV and a short paragraph telling us why you choose this topic and your experience in the field. This is always very popular and we allocate on a first come first served basis – so don’t wait until the deadline (Deadline for applications 15th March).
LIST OF MTP SESSIONS
MTE1: Congenital infections
MTE3: Breastfeeding in HIV exposed children
MTE4: Pediatric Infectious Diseases in refugee children
MTE6: Tropical infectious diseases
MTE7: Fever of Unknown Origin
MTE8: PIMS-TS / MIS-C
MTE10: Bone and joint infections
MTE11: Infection and immune compromised host
MTE12: Telemedicine for pediatric infectious diseases
MTE13: Vaccine hesitancy and motivational interviewing
2. Social Media Ambassadors
Continuing the successful Social Media Ambassadors Campaign that started in 2019, we are sending you a proposal for recruiting new ambassadors for ESPID 2021.
The aim of the campaign is to create a dedicated group of social media users who will actively tweet and post before and during the Meeting and will help us to promote ESPID online.
With ESPID 2021 just around the corner now, we are gearing up towards generating a bit more social media awareness for main congress-related information bits, concerning all attendees.
In addition, we are looking to recruit volunteers for being our ESPID 2021 social media ambassadors before (in the run-up to the event) and during the Congress itself.
Our social media ambassador position is entirely voluntary and assumes the following specific activities:
- Promote the use of #ESPID2021 and the congress itself to your professional network before and during the event
- Be active during the event - Sharing live updates on social media during the meeting days
- In the run-up to ESPID 2021 - Active on social media – tweeting, posting on FB and LinkedIn, using the #ESPID2020 hashtag
- Posting live from scientific sessions (+ re-tweeting and sharing ESPID’s posts)
- Use either ESPID provided messaging and/or independently-generated posts covering main congress-important topics suggested by the ESPID social media manager (in this case myself)
- Encourage others to share their experiences
- End of Day Video Highlights/Podcasts – provided by ESPID’S social media representative (myself) and/or independently created by our ambassadors
- Conducting interviews with speakers before or after their sessions
- Posting a video of yourself sharing your motivation to attend ESPID 2020
Benefits for our ambassadors:
- Discount pass for #ESPID2021 (details TBC)
- Opportunity to conduct interviews with speakers
- Professional Recognition - Be featured in the congress social media channels and on the website.
Please let us know if you are interested at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Media Advisor for European Journal of Pediatrics
The European Journal of Pediatrics (EJPE) is looking to fill the newly created role of
Social Media Advisor for European Journal of Pediatrics. EJPE is a leading peer-reviewed medical journal which covers the entire field of pediatrics. It has an impact factor of 2.305 and its first issue was published in 1911.
Obviously, a lot has changed since then. The advent and increasing importance of social media is one of these things. In order to keep up with the times and to optimize and expand our social media presence and reach, they are seeking to hire a Social Media Advisor who would be in charge of refining and strengthening their presence on social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
The position is an ideal starting point for an early career clinician / researcher, who is interested in gaining a deeper insight into the field whilst strengthening their ties with the European Journal of Pediatrics as well as the wider community. EJPE is an international journal and applications from all countries will be considered. In addition to a background in paediatrics, any candidate applying should meet the following requirements:
Medical degree, research experience is a plus Strong affinity for social media and related technologies Enthusiasm for scholarly communication, knowledge dissemination, and community building Interest in finding creative solutions and experimenting with new ideas and concepts Ideally: Experience in developing and implementing a successful social media strategy
Please note that this position is an honorary appointment.
If you are interested in this novel and exciting position, please send your application to the Editor-in-Chief, Professor Peter de Winter (EJP@spaarnegasthuis.nl), by July 15th , 2021. Please include the following materials in your application:
- Cover Letter
We look forward to ‘seeing’ as many of you as possible during ESPID 2021 virtual Annual Meeting. In the meantime, please get in touch with any queries or suggestions!
Fani & Lilly
Young ESPID Board Representatives