Under management of the Committee for Scientific Affairs and Awards
+ AIMS (click to open/close)
To honour ESPID members for high quality publications in Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal (PIDJ) and to strengthen the relationship between the journal and ESPID. One award per year
+ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA (click to open/close)
- ESPID members can nominate themselves or others for this award
- The publication needs to constitute original work research (not literature reviews, opinion or perspective articles)
- The nominee should be first or last (senior) author
- The nominee must be a current ESPID member in good standing at the time of the deadline.
- Papers published in PIDJ, in the calendar year preceding the award are eligible - papers e-published but not fully published in that year will have to wait for following year’s award.
Please note you must notify your co-authors to ensure only one application of the same paper is submitted for the award
+ AWARD (click to open/close)
- At the time of being offered the award successful candidates will be invited to attend that year's ESPID Annual Meeting with registration, travel and accommodation being offered (if already registered, this will be refunded). Please be aware the travel and accommodation are subject to ESPID Rules and maximum amounts apply
- Recipients will be invited to make a brief presentation during the "Best of ESPID" session at the Annual ESPID Meeting
- An editorial commendation from the Chief Editor of the Pediatric Infectious Diseases Journal in an issue following the award
ESPID will only support one award relating to any one project. If you feel you have a project which more than one award would cover you should select and apply to only one ESPID award. If you have other awards/grants which are pending or have been recently funded, you must indicate this in your application and clearly state what support has been requested/agreed and when a decision is expected.
+ APPLICATION PROCEDURE (click to open/close)
APPLICATION DEADLINES: 20th December each year
Applicants can nominate themselves or others and will be asked to include the following information:
- Full name, email address and contact number of nominee
- Full title of the published manuscript, citation details (volume and page numbers), full author list and PMID number
- PDF version of published manuscript if available to applicant
- You must notify your co-authors to ensure only one application of the same paper is submitted for the award
All eligible nominations will be considered by the Committee for Scientific Affairs and Awards who will make the final decision by vote. When the successful nominee has been identified, he/she will be informed by the ESPID Secretary by email as soon as possible before the meeting to facilitate travel plans.